Thu, Jan 30|
MITC Training Center
How to Utilize TeleMental Health In Your Practice, by Rickie Palmer, LPCC
4 CEU's approved by the NM Counseling and Social Work Boards $50 per person This course will provide you with tools, techniques, and ethical and legal requirements to successfully implement telemental health services into your work.
Time & Location
Jan 30, 2020, 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM
MITC Training Center, 2415 Princeton Dr NE, Albuquerque, NM 87107, USA
About the Event
When I first started offering telemental health in my practice, I believed that all I needed was to turn on my software and go. This is not the case anymore nor should it have been then. I learned a lot in my journey and would love to share it with you. This training will create awareness of what is necessary before offering telemental health to our clients.
Main objectives include;
· Adhering to Ethical, Legal, and Clinical aspects of technology,
· Using HIPAA to protect client’s information when using telemental health,
· Expanding competence in the use of the technology needed to provide telemental health,
· Implementing Screening tools for client’s requesting telemental health,
· And best practices for providing clinical care through a technological environment.
The need for Telemental health is growing in New Mexico and many practitioners can benefit from offering the services, or being aware of how to access them for clients in need. Telemental health can provide access to care, improve patient comfort and overall may reduce the cost of care. Many clinicians have reached out in a desire to learn more and take steps necessary to protect their professional licenses.
This is not a certificate course.
TeleMental Health Training