Sat, May 06|
Tele-Mental Health Certification Renewal
This class is for previously MITC certified Tele-Mental Health providers. Completion of this 3-hour re-certification course and passing of the re-certification exam will extend your certification for 2 years. $60 / 3 CE's
Time & Location
May 06, 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM MDT
About the Event
This is a re-certificaton course for the 2-year MITC Tele-Mental Health certification for providers.
Upon completion of the class and passing of an exam, you will receive a two year extension on your certfication.
Receive 3 CE hours
$60 (includes 2-year certification renewal)
This class will provide updates and a review of delivering high quality, safe, and effective TeleMental Health services. This program is for practitioners who use teletherapy with an emphasis on laws and regulations in New Mexico. This program meets the requirements of the NM Telehealth Act and will cover the NM statutes Chapter 24 specifically article 25 NM Telehealth act and will include a review of:
- Telehealth and strategies on how to Excel in TeleMental health.
- TeleMental Health Informed consent and documentation that is necessary to protect your license and your practice.
- How to handle crisis situations when using in TeleMental health.
- Ethical considerations in TeleMental Health including Interstate practice.
- Ethical practice of social media.
- TeleMental Health HIPAA and HITECH review for your practice.
The faciitator of this course is Rickie Palmer, MS, LPCC, the Clinical Director and Owner of Acceptance Counseling in Albuquerque, NM.