TeleMental Health (TMH) Certification Course (Online)
Time & Location
About the Event
Receive 15 CE's for Psychologists, Therapists, and Social Workers.
$225 per person includes a 2-year certification in TMH by MITC.
The ethical practice of social media.e need for telehealth services within the behavioral health field. This workshop will provide a comprehensive framework for delivering high quality, safe, and effective TeleMental Health services. This program is for practitioners who use teletherapy with an emphasis on laws and regulations in New Mexico.
This program meets the requirements of the NM Telehealth Act and will cover the NM statutes Chapter 24 specifically article 25 NM Telehealth act.
This series will include an orientation into:
- Telehealth and strategies on how to Excel in TeleMental health.
- TeleMental Health Informed consent and documentation that is necessary to protect your license and your practice.
- How to handle crisis situations when using in TeleMental health.
- Ethical considerations in TeleMental Health including Interstate practice.
- Ethical practice of social media.
- TeleMental Health HIPAA and HITECH review for your practice.
Handouts of the presentations will be included, along with examples of informed consent for distance counseling, HIPAA Security and Risk Assessment document, and technology checklists for starting/securing TeleMental Health in your practice.
After attending the full 15-hour course, you will be eligible for certification after the completion and passing of a knowledge assessment. The certification will be valid for 2 years. You will also receive a logo to place on your website that shows certification in TeleMental Health through MITC.
Rickie Palmer, MS, LPCC, is the Clinical Director and Owner of Acceptance Counseling in Albuquerque, NM.
- TMH Certification Course$225$2250$0