Fri, Feb 02|
Psychedelic Assisted Therapy
with Patricia Singh, PhD and Kelly Mcguinty, CNP $80 per person / Earn 6 CE's. Gain a comprehensive understanding of psychedelic assisted therapy, its clinical applications, therapeutic processes, and ethical considerations.
Time & Location
Feb 02, 2024, 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM MST
About the Event
This class will provide a foundation for participants to gain a comprehensive understanding of psychedelic assisted therapy, its clinical applications, therapeutic processes, and ethical considerations, while also developing practical skills in creating a safe and supportive environment and facilitating integration.
1. Understand the fundamental principles and mechanisms of action underlying psychedelic assisted therapy.
- Gain knowledge about the specific psychedelic substances used in therapy, their effects on the brain and consciousness, and how they can facilitate therapeutic outcomes.
- Explore the historical context and evolution of psychedelic research to appreciate the current state of the field.
2. Identify appropriate clinical applications of psychedelic assisted therapy and its potential benefits for mental health disorders and personal growth.
- Learn about the evidence-based applications of psychedelic therapy in treating conditions such as depression, anxiety, PTSD, addiction, and existential distress.
- Recognize the potential of psychedelic therapy in enhancing well-being, self-exploration, personal insight, and creativity.
3. Develop skills in creating a safe and supportive therapeutic environment for psychedelic assisted sessions.
- Understand the importance of preparation and screening processes to ensure client safety and maximize therapeutic outcomes.
- Acquire techniques for establishing a conducive setting, setting intentions, and fostering trust between therapists and clients.
4. Demonstrate knowledge of integration tools and practices to support clients in integrating their psychedelic experiences into their daily lives.
- Learn about various integration techniques such as journaling, mindfulness practices, and somatic approaches.
- Explore effective methods for helping clients make sense of their experiences, process emotions, and translate insights into meaningful change.
5. Understand the ethical and legal considerations surrounding psychedelic assisted therapy.
- Familiarize oneself with professional guidelines and ethical standards specific to psychedelic therapy.
- Gain knowledge about the current legal frameworks and regulations governing psychedelic therapy, including informed consent, confidentiality, and privacy concerns.
Kelly Mcguinty, CNP is a Colorado Native who transplanted to the Pacific Northwest in her youth.
Her proclivity for natural science, biology and social justice led her into the nursing field where she spent over a decade working as an emergency department nurse practitioner; Kelly received her master’s in nursing from Gonzaga University and has been accredited by the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners since 2012.
The tumultuous times of the pandemic and America’s subsequent mental health crisis prompted her to explore holistic alternatives for burnout, depression and anxiety. It was through these sacred plants that she had a restoration of happiness, energy and trust. Her love for nature and desire to help others overcome mental health injuries, lead her to study psychedelic assisted psychotherapy through California Institute of Integral Studies Center for Psychedelic Research and Therapy.
Her goal is to use sacred entheogens to help heal wounded healers, first responders, end of life patients and those suffering with treatment resistant depression and anxiety. Kelly hopes to combine her love of nature, Wiccan theology, Reiki and plant medicines to assist others in gaining complete wellness of mind, body and spirit.
Patricia Singh, Ph.D., LPCC, holds a doctorate in Mind-Body Medicine specializing in Integrative Mental Health and is an independently licensed mental health counselor in New Mexico, Nevada and California.
Dr. Singh has studied Ayurvedic health principles under Dr. Deepak Chopra in Carlsbad, California, and is a certified teacher in Ayurvedic lifestyle principles prior to beginning her journey in facilitating psychedelic assisted therapy.
Since completing her certification in Psychedelic Assisted Therapy with the California Institute of Integral Studies in March of 2023, she has provided psychedelic preparation and integration sessions with individuals wishing to explore more balanced mental wellness and those seeking solutions to difficult behavioral health symptoms such as addiction, anxiety, depression, and trauma responses.
In Dr. Singh’s clinical practice, she specializes in post-traumatic stress, addiction, and historical family trauma.
Her current research is integrative and holistic practices for weight loss in menopausal women. Her writing, research, and psychotherapy practice culminate in more than 25 years of experience in the behavioral health field.
Dr. Singh owns and operates a progressive addiction rehabilitation facility in Albuquerque, New Mexico, A New Awakening Counseling. Serving at risk persons returning from incarceration or court mandated to counseling services. Dr. Singh resides in Albuquerque, New Mexico, and Oxnard, California. She shares a busy life with her husband of 19 years, a teen daughter (with a blended family of three adult children and four grandchildren), and one magnificent Goldendoodle named Max.
Psychedelic Assisted Therapy$80.00